Bahamas bound !! … Direction Bahamas!!


Bahamas bound 


~24 February 2018 – 2 March 2018 ~

The anchor raised, a race started between the moored boats, then I am facing the first bridge to open of the season. Behind, a railroad bridge and a fix one. Not aligned, of course, it would have been a much too easy departure!

After, it’s a more open passage, on the st-Lucie river, allowing me to test the autopilot. Between the wind, the waves and the small powerboats, I am learning how to use it, and testing it. Spontaneously very convicted, while underway with the engine and/or the sail! It’s working very good, doing even tackles.

Approved investment, I keep motoring in the channels and stop a few miles further, at Peak Lake. This is a strategic stop, because there’s a beach there, but I have never stopped before. Being in the Sunshine State for 3 months, it was time for the first beach trip!!

As soon as the anchor is dropped, I met some Indiantown’s friends! Then I made landfall almost immediately. It is so pleasant after 3 months of hard work to finally being able to relax by the ocean. I missed you the beach!!

The friends also came on the beach, and the discussion get very fast into sand castles, one has been built the day before, and is still sitting very proudly. When we say the age is in the head, that’s totally true! Pretty quick, a lots of toys appear and the building keep going on, the castle becoming a fortified castle.

Decompressing, playing, having a good time, I had almost forgotten what that means. The day end up with a beautiful sunset, made of amazing colors, with sailboats and palm trees in the background. Magic!

Quite night, but in the early morning, I’m hitching from everywhere. Is it sand? Salt? After a shower it’s getting better but still hitching. It’s only 12 hours later that I understand… the noseeum!! A nightmare those insects, you can’t see them, can’t feel them, just their bites make you realize they are here. But the bad is already done. Some people get a very big reaction at them, the attack is generally very numerous.

A good breakfast and I raise the anchor, not long after the sunrise, for a naviguation day on the ICW (InterCoastal Waterway) until West Palm Beach.

It’s always a pleasure to meet friends on the way, and I would like to stay there one more day. Also that some other friends are supposed to come visiting the day I’m leaving. But a good weather window of 2-3 days to cross to the Bahamas is just arriving. The weather, this winter, has been kind of crazy, so such opportunity is not to be missed. The next good window could be in up to 2 weeks, or even more….

Traveling a weekend day on the ICW, there’s a lots of people on the water. In the early afternoon, I arrived in West Palm Beach. Last minute shopping before the crossing, BOW (Boat Owner Warehouse, boat supply), Napa (car & Co shop), Publix (supermarket). Welcome to the USA where almost all the shop are open on Sunday!  Top up the diesel and water and anchoring for the night close to the intlet.

A superyacht drop anchor just in front of me. A lift take his dingy out, then the owner go for a ride, with driver. Passing just next to my boat, they look at it intensively and waved. How some people having a such mega yacht can take time to look at my small 32ft sailboat, and even wave me? I’m impressed, there is still rich people with some taste 🤑or it’s that we always want what we can’t have 🤔

Two beers and two muffins are my dinner. The next day is the big departure day and, even if I made already twice this road, I’m a little stress and anxious. It’s been 3 years since I made my last ocean navigation, same for my boat. A mix of happiness and apprehension. A certain fear is normal, human. But I was able to have a good night of sleep. 

Waking up at 5, I prepare the boat, check the weather, emails,… A little anxious, I’ve made only a few miles since Indiantown, I turn around in the boat while preparing. Then 2 sailboat left to the ocean around 6, that made me feel safer. Because I’m not alone, neither crazy to cross today, I take self confidence and before 6:30 I left.

Once in the intlet, some not confortable waves come, and I just realized the tide is against the wind, so it’s shaking and I almost didn’t move… Safety first, I put my life jacket/harness and fix me to the boat. Because being alone, if I fall in the water, it would be no one to come rescue me, and my boat would keep moving alone.

A wonderful sunrise just happen at this time, and the beautiful colors give me motivation to keep going. After being out of this passage from current against wind, raising both mainsails, I sit and told to myself, ok that’s good, it’s shaking but moving.

At this precise point, I started feeling seasick 🤢

It’s grey, with a few squalls far away, the boat is doing roller coasting and my stomach too.

Not up to the feeding the fishes point, but enough to make me feel bad. I sit down and take my courage in my hands, as same as going through a big loneliness time and self questioning: what the hell am I doing, here and now???? There’s still 10-12h of navigation before arriving…

PS: having a morning coffee without eating, before going sailing, is not a good idea 😂

Finally, 2h30 later, the effects disappeared, just before two squalls pass over me. The winds pick up a little but still confortable. SE from 10-15kn, then picked up to 20kn, with gusts up to around 22kn.

Then the sky became blue and the sea came down. After around the 20 first miles, it became more comfortable. In the afternoon, finally I’m able to eat some chips, a banana and a mango. Later, I was able to cook an omelet with meet.

The hours passes, the sun goes slowly down, hiding himself behind the clouds. My first sunset on the water of the season!

Land! The Bahamas are juste in front of Nostromo! Around 7:30 p.m., I’m arriving in West End, city on the west side of the Grand Bahamas island, happy to succeed this crossing and win again my seasickness. Dropping the anchor in the swell, but at night, I don’t want to get to close from the stone shore. A good night of deep sleep is waiting on me.

The next morning I wake up before the sunrise, admire the wonderful crystal clear Bahamian water and notice a fishing boat anchored just next to me. He’s arrived after me in the evening.

Around 8 a.m., the swell isn’t comfortable (I’m not used to it anymore mostly 😬) so I raise the anchor,  going to do the entry paperwork’s. The office open only at 9, but at least it’s flat in the marina.

Once close to the dock, a young man help me to tide my boat, and invite me on his boat. Not bigger than mine, but with 4 people on board. They are celebrating a successful night crossing from Fort Lauderdale, with a bottle of champagne…. at 8:15 a.m. 😂🤣 welcome to Bahamas 🇧🇸👍

A friendly group of young French, Canadien and American. A French-Canadian couple is doing a trip around the world, and they are doing their first steps on a sailboat. A friend is borrowing them his boat, and another friend is teaching them how to sail, that’s the all crew. The owner was aboard just for the crossing, but the 3 other are doing a trip of about 2 months, across the Abacos, the Berry’s island, then back to Florida.

The entry paperwork’s done, cruising and fishing permits paid (150USD up to 35ft but… 300USD for bigger boat, 3 people included aboard and 25USD per person since the 4st). Passport stamped, the official didn’t believe I’m by myself, he want to come see my boat. After having a visit on it, he told me: “I have to shake your hand, and telling you that you have balls!” 😂🤣 ok….

The wind pick up a little, N/NE 15-20kn, perfect for the 25 miles navigation until Freeport. The marina in West End isn’t that big, the room to make a half turn is pretty small, but I made Nostromo doing a perfect turn and get out of this without touching any boat! Ouf! A little stressful moment….

A wonderful navigation follow then, with wind on the beam. The waves are coming from behind the island, so by staying close to the island, it’s pretty flat. A current who’s helping, a good wind and almost no wave, Nostromo is flying on the water, between 6 and 9kn!! (That’s a pretty good speed for a 5 tons sailboat 😉)

Knowing a friendly and cheap marina, I decided to stop there for a few days, and spending my birthday over there. It’s called Sunrise Marina and Resort and is in Freeport (second biggest city of the Bahamas after Nassau, and huge commercial port).

Having already been there, I knew the entry is a little delicate, sandbars are moving all the time in the entry channel, reducing the deep, mostly at low tide. Arrived around 3p.m., the sun is behind me and still high enough to allow me to “read the water” easily .

“To read the water” is an aptitude very important in the Bahamas, that is learned with experience. It’s about being able to see if the deep of place is enough to pass with your boat or not, by judging the color of the water like a scale. A very deep blue , for exemple, is about 30ft deep. A light blue-yellow is closer to my limit of 4ft. With the time and training, it’s pretty easy to discern 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6+ feet.

Having not used this competency for many years (a learning who occurs mostly where the waters are not deep and clear), by viewing the blue very light-yellow-Braun in front of me, I really thought I would stay for a few hours in the middle of the channel, waiting on the tide to take me out of this. But no! Even if I saw a 4,(…) on my deepsounder (at 3,9 my boat sit on the ground) it was no touching! Ouf!

A small fearful moment, pretty quick forgotten by seeing the 12ft once inside. The dockage was very easy, in a place with no current neither wind (or almost). Once there, I met a Canadian couple from Indiantown!! Small world!!

A friendly and quite marina, at 1$/foot/night (0,80USD for BoatUS members), with swimming pool, shower, laundry, lounge, bike, kayak, grocery and liquor store 1 mile away.

And so I stay 3 nights (and days) doing (almost) nothing, except enjoying the pool and the sun, and staying in touch with all my friends around the world. The perfect way for me to celebrate my birthday, cocktails, swimming pool, sun, after all the work done to arrive here, finally, I’m enjoying!

After all those cocktails, I wanted to do a bike tour, to go get some fresh beers. My point of view was that it would be easier with a bike from the marina, than taking my bike out of my boat. But the plan didn’t happened.

After having lost myself and making the way a little longer, the chain of the bicycle just get out and impossible to put it back in place. It’s the kind of bike that when you paddle backwards, it’s acting like breaks. So the chain is out and the back tire is blocked… of course, that happens in a neighborhood who doesn’t seem so safe….

Pushing the bike with the blocked tire, I finally arrived at the destination, having even the surprise to find cold beer for 1$/each! (For the Bahamas, it’s very cheap, and not common!) Then there is still the way back to the marina… After this long trip, who finally would have been much more easy with my own bike, I enjoy my cold beer. And even a second one!

A few works are also done on the boat 😉 the cleaning keep going on, the boat become pretty big when it come to the point of cleaning every inches of it! The first sailing also showed me some point that I still have to fix.

On the beam of the main mast, the rail who hold the sail is partially going out, some spots where the screws goes into the beam are apparently a little rotten. Not a very good new, but apparently it’s very local. With some marine sealant M4000, I glue it back in place and make all of that waterproof. The repair still hold today, but for sure it will be a point to follow closely!

The many wonderful, different and emotional meeting with people in this adventure keep going on, and so I meet a new couple of people from Quebec.

The woman had a stroke many years ago. She is now paralyzed from one side, walking with a cane, doesn’t speak anymore, she makes noises. She’s still full ok in her head, think and understand when we speak with her. She try to write or show letters/numbers.

They have spent many years to build their own boat, a dream they had before the sickness come knocking at the door. A unique boat adjusted for them, a pilot sailboat, with watch bed in the pilot house. Inside, all the equipment and the room necessary to enjoy the live aboard life.

They do me a visit of their boat, and we share our story. Their boat have been in this marina for the past few years, because even if he would have liked to sail around, for her, it’s very difficult, because of her physical condition. Last sommer the boat has been damaged by the hurricanes. They are actually fixing her, and it’s very emotional to see them working as a team to repair, using each one abilities.

They think about crossing back to Florida, maybe next season, to sell the boat. The work is becoming more and more difficult physically and psychologically for both. They are preparing themselves to turn a page and start a new chapter, on land this time.

A meeting full of emotions, who made me realized one more time, how much the life is short, and we never know what reserve us tomorrow. But also, nothing is impossible to the one who really want it! And finally the real love is stronger than sickness or the bad times.

Later I have also met a Spanish guy and his sailboat, in this marina since last summer too. Also victim of the hurricanes, he’s fixing the damages as best as he can, with what he got.

Then a wonderful window arrive to cross to the Berry, no hesitations! Down wind, pushing me to my next destination! Let’s go for the next step 😃😃😃



Direction Bahamas 


~ 24 février 2018 – 2 mars 2018 ~

L’ancre remontée, un slalom entre les bateaux ancrés, me voilà face au premier pont de la saison à faire ouvrir. Puis un pont de chemin de fer lui emboîte le pas, suivit d’un fixe. Les trois n’étant pas alignés, ce serait un début trop facile autrement!

Ensuite c’est le début d’un espace plus ouvert sur la rivière Ste-Lucie, qui me permet de tester l’auto pilote. Entre le vent, les vagues et les petits bateaux à moteur, j’apprends à l’utiliser et le teste. Tout de suite, c’est très convaincant, au moteur et/ou à la voile! Il fonctionne très bien, faisant même des changements de cap! 

Test concluant, navigation dans les canaux et arrêt quelques miles plus loin, à Peak Lake. Cet arrêt était pour moi stratégique, car je sais qu’il y a une plage mais je ne m’y suis jamais arrêtée. Etant dans l’Etat du soleil depuis 3 mois, ce fut ma première visite à la plage!!

À peine ancrée dans 5-8 pieds d’eau, je rencontre des amis d’Indiantown par hasard! Je met pieds à terre quasi instantanément. Cela fait tellement plaisir après trois mois de travail d’enfin pouvoir me relaxer au bord de l’océan. Tu m’as beaucoup manqué la plage!!

Les amis viennent aussi sur la plage, la discussion part très vite sur les châteaux de sable, un ayant été construit la veille, et trônant toujours fièrement à sa place. Quand on dit que l’âge est dans la tête, ce n’est que la réalité! Rapidement divers ustensiles apparaissent et la construction s’agrandit, transformant le château en château fort.

Décompresser, s’amuser, prendre du bon temps, j’avais presque oublié ce que cela veut dire. La journée se termine par un magnifique coucher de soleil, aux couleurs fascinantes, avec voiliers et palmiers en arrière plan. Magique!

Nuit calme, mais au réveil, ça me gratte de partout. Est-ce du sable? Du sel? Après une douche ça se calme mais ça gratte toujours. Ce n’est que 12h plus tard que je compris… les micro moustiques, appelé noseeum!! Une vrai plaie ces insectes, on ne les voit pas, les sens pas, ce sont seulement les piqûres qui sont douloureuses, et qui nous font remarquer leur présence. Mais à ce moment le mal est déjà fait. Certaines personnes font des réactions très violentes à ces petits insectes, les piqûres étant généralement nombreuses en cas d’attaque.

Un bon petit-déjeuner déjeuner et je lève l’ancre, peu après le levé du soleil, pour une journée de naviguation sur l’ICW (InterCoastal Waterway) jusqu’à West Palm Beach.

Cela fait toujours plaisir de croiser des amis en route, et je serais bien restée un jour supplémentaire, d’autant que d’autres amis devaient venir en visite le jour de mon départ, mais une fenêtre météo de 2-3 jours pour traverser vers les Bahamas se présente. Le temps cet hiver ayant été assez capricieux, une telle occasion est à ne pas manquer, la fenêtre suivante pouvant arriver seulement 2 semaines plus tard, si ce n’est plus…

Naviguant un jour de week-end sur l’ICW, beaucoup de monde se promène en bateau. En début d’après-midi, arrivé à West Palm Beach, petites courses de dernière minute avant la traversée, BOW (Boat Owner Warehouse, magasin d’article de bateau) étant ouvert le dimanche (!), Napa (magasin général automobile & co) et Publix (supermarché alimentaire). Bienvenue aux USA où presque tous les magasins sont ouvert le dimanche! Remplir le diesel et l’eau potable, puis ancrage près de l’ouverture du canal vers l’océan.

Un grand super yacht vient s’ancrer juste devant moi, un bras articulé sort son annexe du “garage” intérieur du bateau, et puis les propriétaires partent en promenade, avec chauffeur. En passant à côté de mon bateau, ils le regardent avec insistance et me saluent. Comment des personnes ayant un tel mega yacht peuvent prendre le temps de regarder mon petit voilier de 32 pieds, et même me saluer? Je suis impressionnée, il reste encore des gens fortunés avec du goût 🤑 ou alors c’est que l’on veut toujours ce que l’on ne peut pas avoir 🤔

Deux bières et deux muffins forment mon souper. Le lendemain est le grand jour du départ et, bien que j’ai déjà fait 2 fois le même trajet, un brin de stress et d’anxiété s’installe. Cela fait tout de même 3 ans que je n’ai pas refait de navigation sur un océan, mon bateau non plus. Une joie mélangée à de l’appréhension. Une certaine peur est normale, humaine. Malgré tout j’ai passé une bonne nuit de sommeil.

Réveillée à 5h00, je prépare le bateau, contrôle la météo, les e-mails, …. Un peu anxieuse, n’ayant fait que quelques miles depuis Indiantown, je tourne un peu en rond en me préparant. Puis deux voilier partent vers 6h en direction de la mer, cela me rassure. En me disant que je ne suis pas seule, ni folle, à traverser aujourd’hui, je prend confiance en moi. Et avant 6:30 je suis partie. 

Une fois à la sortie, ou à l’entrée de l’océan, des vagues peu confortable arrivent, et je me rend compte que la marée est contre le vent, donc ça secoue et je n’avance pas… Sécurité d’abord, je met mon gilet/harnais et m’attache au bateau. En effet, en étant seule, si je tombe à l’eau, personne ne va venir me repêcher, et mon bateau va continuer tout seul. 

Un magnifique levé de soleil arrive à ce moment et ces superbes couleurs me donnent de l’énergie pour continuer. Après être sortie de ce passage et du courant contre marée, les deux grand voiles montées, je me pose et me dit voilà, c’est bon, ça secoue mais ça avance.

À ce moment précis, un mal de mer m’envahit 🤢

Il fait gris, des averses au loin, le bateau fait des montagnes russes et mon estomac avec. 

Pas au point de nourrir les poissons mais à me sentir mal. Je m’assieds et prend mon courage en main, tout en passant par un grand moment de solitude et de questionnement: mais qu’est-ce que je fais là, ici et maintenant???? Il reste encore 10 à 12h de navigation avant l’arrivée…

Note à moi même, un café sans manger le matin, avant de partir en navigation, n’est pas recommandé 😂 

Finalement, 2h30 plus tard, les effets se dissipent, juste avant que deux averses passent sur moi. Les vents augmentent un peu durant ces épisodes mais tout en restant supportable. SE de 10-15kn, augmentant jusqu’à 20kn, avec des rafales jusqu’à environ 22kn. 

Puis le ciel devient bleu et la mer se calme. Passé les vingt premiers miles, le trajet devient plus confortable.  Dans l’après-midi, finalement je suis capable de manger des chips, une banane et une mangue, et un peu plus tard, j’arrive à cuisiner une omelette à la viande. 

Les heures passent, le soleil se couche gentiment, en se cachant derrière quelques nuages. Mon premier coucher de soleil sur l’eau de la saison!

Terre en vue! Les Bahamas sont juste devant! Vers 19:30 j’arrive à West End, localité à l’ouest de l’île des Grand Bahamas, heureuse d’avoir réussi cette traversée et tenu tête à mon mal de mer. L’ancre, est jetée un peu dans le rouli, mais arrivant de nuit, je ne veux pas m’approcher trop près du bord rocailleux. Une bonne nuit de sommeil bien profond m’attend.

Le matin suivant je me réveille avant le lever du soleil, admire les magnifiques eaux cristallines des Bahamas et remarque un bateau de pêche ancré juste à côté, arrivé après moi la veille.

Vers 8h le rouli étant penible (n’y étant plus habituée surtout 😬) je lève l’ancre pour aller faire les papiers d’entrée. Le bureau n’ouvre qu’à 9h, mais au moins c’est calme dans la marina.

Arrivant à quai, un jeune m’aide à m’ancrer, et m’invite sur son bateau. À peine plus grand que le mien, mais avec  4 personnes à bord. Ils célèbrent une traversée réussie (de nuit), depuis Fort Lauderdale, avec une bouteille de champagne… à 8:15 😂🤣 bienvenue aux Bahamas 🇧🇸👍 

Un sympathique groupe de Français, Canadiens et Américain. Parmi eux, un couple franco-canadien en cours de route pour un tour du monde, qui font leur premiers pas en voilier grâce à un ami qui leur prête le bateau et un autre qui leur apprend à naviguer. Le propriétaire n’était à bord que pour la traversée et les 3 autres font un voyage d’environ 2 mois, à travers les Abacos, les Berry’s, puis retour en Floride.

Les papiers d’entrée sont remplis et les permis de naviguation et de pêche sont payés (150USD jusqu’à 35 pieds mais … 300USD au delà, 3 personnes inclus à bord, 25USD par personnes supplémentaires). Passport tamponné, l’officier n’en revient pas que je navigue seule, il veut venir voir mon bateau. Après l’avoir visité, il me dit “je dois vous serrer la main et vous dire que vous avez des boules!” 😂🤣 ok…

Le vent s’est levé un peu, N/NE à 15-20kn, parfait pour la navigation de 25 miles jusqu’à Freeport. La marina de West End n’étant pas très grande, la place pour faire demi tour avec un vent qui se fait sentir n’est pas infini, mais je réussi à manœuvrer Nostromo comme une pro et arrive à sortir de là sans toucher un seul bateau! Ouf! Petit moment de stress…

Une superbe naviguation s’en suit avec un vent de travers, les vagues venant de derrière l’île ne se font pas sentir en restant proche de la rive. Un courant aidant, de bon vents et peu de vagues, Nostromo file entre 6 et 9kn!! (Ce qui est plutôt une très bonne vitesse pour un voilier de 5 tonnes 😉)

Connaissant une marina sympa et pas cher, je décide d’y passer quelques jours, histoire de relaxer pour mon anniversaire. Elle s’appelle Sunrise Marina and Resort et se trouve à Freeport (2e plus grande ville des Bahamas après Nassau, grand port commercial). 

Ayant déjà visité les lieux, je savais l’entrée un peu délicate, des bancs de sables se déplaçant régulièrement et réduisant la profondeur, surtout à marée basse. Arrivée vers 15h, le soleil était derrière moi et encore assez haut pour me permettre de bien “lire l’eau”.

“Lire l’eau” est une compétence très importante aux Bahamas, qui s’acquiert par expérience. Cela consiste à pouvoir savoir si la profondeur d’un endroit est suffisante pour y passer ou non en jugeant de la couleur de l’eau, comme une échelle. Un bleu roi profond, par exemple, fait environ 30 pieds de profond. Un bleu ciel clair-jaune est ma limite de 4 pieds. Avec l’expérience, on peut facilement différencier 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6+ pieds.

N’ayant plus utilisé cette aptitude depuis  plusieurs années (un apprentissage qui se fait particulièrement là où les eaux sont peu profondes et transpararentes), en voyant le bleu très clair – jaune-brun devant moi, j’ai bien cru que j’allais rester quelques heures au milieu du canal, attendant sur la marée pour me sortir de là. Mais non! Même si j’ai vu un 4,(…) sur ma profondeur (à 3,9 mon bateau est posé sur le fond) il n’y a pas eu de toucher! Ouf!

Un instant de frayeur, vite oublié en voyant les 12 pieds une fois à l’intérieur. L’amarrage au quai fût très facile, dans un bassin sans courant ni vent (ou presque). Et la surprise, je rencontre un couple canadien d’Indiantown!! Comme le monde est petit!! 

Une sympathique et calme marina, a 1USD/pieds/nuit (0,80USD membre BoatUS), avec piscine, douche, lessive, lounge, vélo, kayak, magasin à 1 mile (alimentation locale + alcool).

Et ainsi je passe 3 nuits (et jours) à ne (presque) rien faire, si ce n’est de profiter de la piscine et du soleil, de garder contact avec mes amis autour du monde. La manière parfaite pour moi de fêter mon anniversaire, cocktail, piscine, soleil, après tout le travail pour en arriver là, enfin je profite!

Après tout ces cocktails, je me laisse tenter d’emprunter un des velo de la marina afin d’aller chercher quelques bières fraîches. Ma réflexion étant qu’il serait plus facile ainsi (et moins fatiguant) que de sortir mon vélo de mon bateau. Mal m’en a pris. 

Après m’être un peu perdue et avoir rallongé le chemin, la chaîne du vélo a déraillée et impossible de la remettre en place, à chaque fois elle resort et se bloque avec le frein, qui est en pédalant en arrière… Bien sûr cela se passe dans un quartier qui ne me semble pas des plus sécurisant… 

En poussant le vélo avec la roue arrière bloquée, j’arrivai finalement à destination, ayant même la surprise de trouver des bières fraîches à 1$/pièce! (Pour les Bahamas, ce n’est vraiment pas cher,  et rare!) Puis ensuite, s’en suit encore le retour jusqu’à la marina… Après ce long chemin, qui aurait été finalement plus facile avec mon propre vélo, je savoure ma bière bien fraîche. Et même une 2e!

Quelques petits travaux sur le bateau sont quand même effectués 😉 Les nettoyages continuent, c’est vite grand un bateau quand il s’agit de nettoyer tous les recoins! La première naviguation à la voile m’a aussi permis de mettre en évidence de petites choses à réparer. 

Sur la baume de la grand voile, le rail tenant la voile se détache, plusieurs endroits où les vis entrent dans la baume sont apparemment moisi. Pas très bonne nouvelle mais apparemment c’est très local. Avec de la colle marine M4000, je colle et imperméabilise tout ça. La réparation a tenu jusqu’à aujourd’hui, mais cela reste un point à surveiller de près!

Les magnifiques, nombreuses, diverses et émotives rencontres de ce voyage continuent. C’est ainsi que je rencontrai un nouveau couple de québécois.

La femme a été victime d’un AVC il y a de nombreuses années. Elle est restée partiellement paralysée d’un côté, marche avec une canne, et ne parle plus, elle fait juste des bruits. Elle a encore toute sa tête, réfléchi et comprend ce qu’on lui dit. Elle essaye d’écrire ou de montrer des signes/lettres. 

Ils ont passé beaucoup d’années à construire leur bateau, un rêve qu’ils avaient en commun avant que la maladie ne viennent frappée à leur porte. Un bateau unique et sur mesure, un voilier avec cabine de pilotage, lit d’appoint inclus. À l’intérieur, tout l’équipement et la place nécessaire à leur épanouissement. 

Ils me font visiter leur bateau, et nous partageons nos histoires. Leur bateau est resté dans cette marina depuis plusieurs années, car même si lui aimerait beaucoup naviguer, pour elle c’est beaucoup plus difficile, de sa condition physique. L’été passé leur bateau a été victime des ouragans, et a subi quelques dommages. Ils sont actuellement en train de réparer. C’est touchant de les voir travailler en équipe à réparer, utilisant chacun leurs aptitudes.

Ils prévoient de traverser, peut-être la saison prochaine, vers la Floride, afin de vendre le bateau. Le travail devient de plus en plus lourd physiquement et psychologiquement pour les deux, et ils se préparent à tourner une page pour commencer un nouveau chapitre, sur terre cette fois.

Une rencontre forte en émotions, me faisant réaliser encore une fois que la vie est courte, et que l’on ne sait jamais ce qui va se passer demain. Mais rien n’est impossible à qui le veut vraiment! Et enfin que l’amour véritable est plus fort que la maladie et les obstacles.

Plus tard, je rencontrai aussi un espagnol et son voilier, à la marina depuis l’été passé aussi. Egalement victime des ouragans, il répare les dégâts au mieux, avec les moyens du bords.

Puis une superbe fenêtre pour traverser vers les Berry se présente, pas d’hésitations! Vent arrière, me poussant vers une nouvelle destination! C’est parti pour la prochaine étape 😃😃😃

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse de messagerie ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *